How to Play Craps
A look at how to play online craps, online craps rules and bets and some beginner craps tips.
The game of craps is a fun dice game that is played with two dice. In a land based casino this is one of the noisiest and rowdiest table games. Even though this may make the craps game appear rather confusing, it is an easy game to play. In the online version of the craps game, the table layout is set out on the screen. The layout may appear to be rather complicated to newcomers, but once a basic understanding of the various bets has been obtained, this is generally considered as a simple game to play.
In the game of craps, bets are placed on the eventualities of the dice throw and then the shooter rolls the dice. As the outcome of the roll of dice is entirely dependent on chance, the way that a player's decision may affect a game lies in the betting options.
Pass Line Bet
It should be noted that the pass line bet is probably the most popular form of bet in the craps game.
- The pass line bet is considered the basic bet in the game of craps. In simple terms, this bet means that a wager is placed on the outcome of the dice roll by the shooter.
- The pass line bet is really a series bet and does not depend on one roll of the dice. It often happens that the dice needs to be rolled several times before the outcome is determined.
Come Out Roll
The meaning of the come out roll firstly needs to be understood. This is essentially the first roll in the series.
- In the event that a 7 or 11 are rolled on the come out roll, this produces an automatic pass line winner.
- If a 2, 3 or 12 are rolled on the come out roll, this produces an immediate loss for the pass line bet.
- In the event that a different number is rolled, this means a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10, this number is considered as the 'point' and the series may proceed.
After the Come Out Roll
- In the situation where a point has been established, the aim of the game is for the shooter to roll the same point number once again before a 7 is rolled.
- In the event that the point is rolled this provides a win for pass line bets.
- In the event that a 7 is rolled, then pass line bets lose.
- If a different number is rolled other than the point or a 7, the series continues and dice are rolled again.
Craps for Beginners
In the game of craps, bets are placed upon the outcome of the roll of the dice. If a point is established, then the dice are rolled either until the point is rolled again or until there is a seven out. For a basic craps game, this is all that needs to be understood.