Lessons to Learn Roulette
When you learn roulette, the aim of the game is to correctly guess where the ball will land after each spin and to place bets on the appropriate square/s.
When you learn roulette, the first thing you should know is that the aim of the game is to correctly guess where the ball will land after each spin and to place bets on the appropriate square/s.
European Roulette has 37 numbers, where zero is green, eighteen are red and the remaining eighteen are black. The 0 gives the casino it's edge of 2.7%, i.e., there is a 1/37 chance that the ball will land on any particular square, but the roulette payout is only 35 to one plus your original stake if you win.
To learn roulette, you have to know the difference between inside and outside bets. Inside bets are quite specific bets which carry a larger risk, unless many inside bets are spread across the board. The good news is that a greater risk also offers greater potential returns.
- A Straight Up inside bet is a bet directly on any single number and the payout is 35 to 1.
- A Split Bet is a bet split between any two numbers and the payout is 17 to 1.
- A Street Bet is a bet on a row of 3 numbers and the payout is 11 to 1.
- A Corner Bet is a bet on 4 numbers and the payout is 8 to 1.
- A Line Bet is a bet on 6 numbers over 2 rows and the payout is 5 to 1.
Outside bets are bets that are spread out with better odds at lower returns. Keep in mind that the zero is never covered by outside bets.
- A Column Bet a bet covering twelve numbers, just under a third of the table and the payout is 2 to 1.
- A Dozen Bet is a bet covering a set of 12 numbers low (1-12) mid (13-24) and high (25-36) and the payout is 2 to 1.
- A Color Bet is a bet on either red or black and the payout is 1 to 1.
- An Even/Odd Bet is a bet on either even or odd and the payout is 1 to 1.
- A Low/High Bet is a bet on half the numbers either 1-18 or 19-36 and the payout is one to one.
Inside and outside bets will cover most of the bets you will place but you can also read about extra types of Roulette wagers and learn Roulette rules on the exclusive wagers offered by some online casinos.
You don't have to place just 1 kind of bet for each spin, you can in fact make several, and you will win if the ball lands on any of your numbers. Players can bet on single numbers even when those numbers are already covered by another bet. But this doesn't change the house edge – the edge will be the same whether you make 1 bet per spin or many. You are just likely to lose money faster the more bets you place, so be careful when using this technique.