Online Roulette and Land-Based Roulette - Different Roulette Options
A general look at the advantages and disadvantages of playing online casino roulette games versus land-based casino roulette games.
Advantages of Online Roulette
- You can play at home. This allows a number of advantages in and of itself.
- Firstly, you do not need to spend money or time traveling to land-based casinos or pay for accommodation once you get there. You do not need to pay for babysitters or house sitters.
- You do not need to dress up. You can play in your pajamas if you like.
- You can sit in your favorite chair and have your friends around you while you play.
- It is easy to find a game of roulette online. You do not have to wander between casinos to find the game that you enjoy – if you are not happy at the first online casino that you choose you can stay in your seat and change casinos.
- Online roulette games are available at any time of the night or day playing with people from all over the world. You do not need to stick to the routine of land-based casinos.
- You do not need to feel pressure playing at online casinos. Particularly for the amateur roulette player, online roulette games may be the answer. You can have a notebook filled with tips by your side. You can take an hour to place a bet if you want. You can go off and do something else in the middle. There are no confusing rules of etiquette that exist in online casino roulette games. No-one can see what you are doing or hassle you in any way.
- Online roulette games tend to have lower betting minimums than at land-based casinos. This means that players who have smaller bankrolls can now be included in the game, whereas at land-based casinos, they may find themselves excluded.
- You may walk away with a bigger payout playing at an online roulette table. As the costs of running the online casino are so much less than running a land-based casino, the odds of winning at online casinos tend to be slightly higher. On this note, most online casinos will attempt to lure customers through special bonuses and promotional offers. These can be highly worthwhile.
- Online roulette games often offer progressive jackpots which are not available at land-based roulette games.
Advantages of Land-based Roulette
- There is nothing quite like walking into a land-based casino and playing at a roulette table there. The excitement of the wheel and the general atmosphere at the land-based casino cannot compare entirely to the online casinos. For many players, this is enough to encourage them to play at the land-based casinos.
The rules of online roulette and land-based roulette are essentially the same. At land-based roulette games, if you are unsure of the rules and etiquette of the game, you have the advantage of being able to watch other players. However, at online casinos, you can choose to play in a fun mode and practice the game until you feel confident.