Poker in USA - Who Supports Online Poker in USA
Poker in USA is still very active despite the October 2006 UIGEA bill that was passed in which shrank the number of online poker sites that still accepts US players.
Poker in the USA: Life after the UIGEA Bill
Many poker sites have pulled out of the USA after the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act. One of the biggest sites was PartyPoker.com, which is dearly missed, as well as Ongame, iPoker and the Cryptologic networks. There are still quite a variety of poker sites that accept US players. Some good has come from the UIGEA as it led to sites that cater specifically for US players.
Poker in the USA: Current Payment Alternatives
Some poker in the USA sites has fantastic credit card processing abilities but they are few and far between. Let’s look at some of the alternative payment options that are still open to you in the US.
If you can’t use credit or debit card payments, look out for the following payment systems:
- American Express: This is only available at some Poker sites.
- EcoCard / QuickTender: Pre-paid debit cards.
- eWalletXpress: An ewallet similar to PayPal.
- Instant Check or eChecks: Deposit cash directly from your bank.
- MoneyGram: Similar to Western Union.
- Pic-Club: New ewallet service that is UIGEA safe. It treats your deposits and withdrawals as if you are selling and buying shares.
- PINdebit: This new system is like a cross between a bank account and a eWallet.
- Rapid Transfer: This is Bodog’s Money gram service.
- UseMyWallet: This similar and owned by the same people who own Quick Tender.
- Western Union: You can visit a western union shop, where you will pay cash and then transfer it to your chosen online poker room.
- Wire Transfer: Where you wire the money from your bank account to your poker room.
Poker in the USA: Current Online Poker Sites
Let’s look at three online poker rooms who still accept US players.
Sportsbook dot com is a relatively new US poker room who accepts players from the USA and Canada, but not from anywhere else. They also don’t accept players form Washington and Missouri. They are part of the Cake Poker Network and have already gained more than twenty thousand players. The offer poker, casino games, and sports bets.
Players Only Poker is also new and part of the Cake Poker Network. US citizens are welcomed except for those residing in Washington and Missouri. They accept Visa, Master card and checks.
Carbon Poker accepts USA Players and offers a 100% up to six hundred dollars bonus. This poker in the USA website belongs to the Merge Network and is a very popular poker network. They use really good software which offers plenty of poker playing options. They offer good bonuses but don’t have too much traffic yet.